Las Vegas Lyft Accident Lawyer Near You
You may be able to pursue a life-changing financial award from the negligent Lyft driver, insurance carriers, and/or other parties. Our Las Vegas Lyft accident lawyers can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering.
Since 1989, crash victims and devastated families have turned to De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers for help after devastating auto accidents in Las Vegas. As leaders in car accident litigation, our award-winning Nevada trial attorneys have successfully obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in settlements and jury awards for our clients.
How Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Rideshare Accident
Whether you’re a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, a pedestrian, or an occupant of another vehicle, a Lyft accident can change your life forever. Whether the consequences are short-lived or permanent, they can cause significant pain, put you in an incredibly difficult financial situation, and inflict severe emotional distress.
Fortunately, you don’t have to struggle with the consequences of your Lyft accident alone.
You can demand accountability from a negligent driver or insurance company. Our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers can help you make the most of your fight for compensation.
When you choose De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers, you give yourself an opportunity to get better and put your case in extremely qualified hands.
Count on our trusted legal team to handle all aspects of your Lyft injury claim; we’ll:
- Gather accident reports, video footage, witness statements, medical records, proof of property damage, and other evidence
- Carefully investigate the circumstances of your Lyft accident
- Identify why and how your Lyft accident happened and, in turn, determine who’s liable for your damages
- Prepare and file all legal claims and documents with the insurance company and/or local court in Clark County on your behalf
- Aggressively pursue a substantial settlement during negotiations with the insurance carriers on your behalf
- File a lawsuit and represent your best interests at trial, if necessary
Hiring a lawyer should help to make life easier, not more stressful. That’s why our law firm works on contingency. You pay nothing unless our Lyft accident attorneys in Las Vegas win your case.
Reach out to us online or call our compassionate legal team to learn more. Your first case assessment is free.
Can I Sue Lyft After a Car Accident in Las Vegas, NV?
Generally speaking, no. Lyft drivers in Nevada are independent contractors. As a result, the Lyft company is not vicariously liable for a driver’s negligence.
However, just because you can’t sue Lyft doesn’t mean you’re out of luck. Lyft – and the Lyft driver – must carry insurance to protect you in the event of an accident. You also reserve the right to file a lawsuit against a negligent third party, such as the driver of another passenger vehicle, a vehicle manufacturer, or a government agency.
De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers can help you explore your legal options and fight to get you the maximum financial payout you deserve.
What Are the Leading Causes of Las Vegas Lyft Accidents?
Lyft drivers are not professionals. There are no special licensing requirements. Drivers don’t have to demonstrate exceptional driving skills or an above-average knowledge of Las Vegas traffic patterns and customs.
So, there’s no guarantee that your Lyft driver is a good or safe driver.
To make matters worse, Lyft and Uber drivers:
- Tend to be more distracted than other motorists because they are constantly checking their rideshare app for passenger information and directions
- Stop or park their vehicles in dangerous locations to pick up or drop off passengers
- Work other jobs, putting them at an increased risk of being fatigued
- May rely on drugs or alcohol to cope with the stresses of the job
- Can be incentivized to speed and engage in dangerous maneuvers behind the wheel to complete more rides during a shift
Of course, Lyft accidents can happen for any number of reasons, which may or may not be due to Lyft driver negligence. Other factors – like vehicle defects, road defects, road construction, or the aggressive actions of another motorist – can certainly cause a wreck.
Count on De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers to thoroughly assess the facts of your case and uncover precisely why your Lyft accident happened.
How Do I Recover Compensation After a Las Vegas Lyft Accident?
So, you can’t sue Lyft after a rideshare accident. However, you can file a claim for insurance benefits and/or sue a liable third party.
When the rideshare driver is at fault, liability depends on their status at the time of the wreck.
- Lyft driver is off duty: When a Lyft driver is off duty, they’re treated as another motorist on the road. As a result, their personal insurance policy will be the primary source of compensation after a traffic accident. You can recover benefits up to the driver’s policy limits.
- Lyft driver is awaiting a ride request: When a Lyft driver is waiting for a ride request through the Lyft app, Lyft has a limited insurance policy that will cover crash-related damages. Coverage includes $50,000 per person in bodily injury liability, $100,000 per accident in bodily injury liability, and $25,000 in property damage liability.
- Lyft driver has accepted a ride request: Once a Lyft driver accepts a ride request through the Lyft app, the company has a $1 million insurance policy that covers accident-related damages.
Lyft’s insurance coverage is secondary. Simply put, you’ll have to exhaust benefits from the Lyft driver’s policy before you can tap into Lyft’s coverage.
What Damages Can I Get If I’ve Been Hurt in an Accident Involving a Lyft in Las Vegas, NV?
After a Lyft accident in Las Vegas, Nevada, you can potentially recover economic and non-economic damages in a claim or lawsuit.
Economic damages make up for the financial losses and costs associated with your Lyft accident, such as:
- Current medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Diminished earning capacity
- Temporary lost wages
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Out-of-pocket costs
Non-economic damages make up for the hard-to-value life changes you experience as the victim of a Lyft accident, including:
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
The Lyft driver, their insurance company, and other liable parties will try to downplay the seriousness of your accident and injuries. Their goal: to limit how much money you’re awarded in a settlement or by a jury.
Our Lyft accident lawyers in Las Vegas, NV won’t let them control the terms of your case. We will work closely with trusted experts to build a compelling legal claim that highlights just how much the crash has affected your life. When it’s time to negotiate, we’ll fight to get you every cent that your Lyft accident case is worth.
Common Lyft Rideshare Accident Injuries
At De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers, we’re ready to help you fight for compensation for all of your Lyft accident injuries, including:
- Brain injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injury
- Knee injury
- Degloving injury
- Broken bones
- Eye injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a family member
After an accident, report it to Lyft through the app and then seek immediate medical care at a local hospital in Las Vegas. Once your condition is stable, contact our Las Vegas car accident attorneys and learn about your legal rights and the options that might be available to you.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Nevada Lyft Accident Lawsuits?
Nevada’s two-year statute of limitations applies to most Lyft car accident lawsuits.
This gives you two years from the date of your Lyft accident or a loved one’s wrongful death to formally pursue compensation from a negligent party or insurance provider.
Don’t let too much time pass by before taking legal action. Once the statute of limitations expires, you will lose the opportunity to demand the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Las Vegas Lyft Accident Lawyer
Call De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers if you or a family member have recently been in a Lyft accident in Las Vegas, Nevada.
You may be entitled to compensation, and our award-winning Las Vegas Lyft accident attorneys can help you maximize your financial recovery.
We offer a free case evaluation, so contact our Las Vegas law office to schedule yours today.