Are you suffering from a brain injury after an accident in Las Vegas, Nevada? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages you endured. The experienced Las Vegas brain injury lawyers with De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers want to help you recover maximum compensation for the losses you’ve suffered.
Since we were founded, we have helped accident victims recover the compensation they need after being seriously injured by the negligence of others. Reach out to our award-winning team with over 100 years of combined experience today to schedule a free consultation.
How De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Suffered a Brain Injury in Las Vegas
The lawyer you choose to represent you in a brain injury claim can have a direct impact on its potential outcome. The lawyers at De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers have received some of the highest honors and recognitions in the legal industry, including:
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch
- Las Vegas Review’s Journal’s Best of Las Vegas
- Chambers and Partners Band 1
- Nevada Business Magazing’s Legal Elite
- Vegas Inc.’s Top Lawyer Community Choice Customer Care award
- Avvo’s Client Choice Award
- Martindale-Hubbell’s Platinum Client Champion Award
- Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Avvo’s 10 Rating
For over decades, De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers has helped accident victims recover compensation for our clients, resulting in hundreds of millions of dollars for our deserving clients. When you hire us for your brain injury claim in Las Vegas, NV, you can count on us to do the following:
- Investigate the accident and identify all parties who may be responsible for it
- Gather evidence to support your claim, such as accident reports, photos, videos, physical evidence from the scene, and medical records
- Answer any questions you have and help you navigate the claims process
- Handle communication on your behalf with insurance companies and other parties
- Coordinate your medical care and work with brain injury specialists
- Accurately estimate the value of your claim
- Negotiate for maximum compensation for your brain injury
- Advise you whether a settlement offer is fair compensation or if you should proceed to trial
Contact us today for a free consultation and to learn more about how our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers can help.
What Is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury is a broad term that describes various injuries that happen to the brain, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine. Traumatic brain injuries occur when there is external trauma to the brain. Traumatic brain injuries are a leading cause of disability and death in adults.
Brain injuries have historically been classified based on a victim’s loss of consciousness and related symptoms as follows:
- Mild TBI – A mild TBI results in no loss of consciousness or a loss of consciousness under 30 minutes.
- Moderate TBI – A moderate TBI results in the loss of consciousness between 30 minutes and one day.
- Severe TBI – A severe TBI results in the loss of consciousness of more than one day.
De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers is here to help brain injury victims and their families.
How Common Are Brain Injuries?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an average of 1.5 million Americans suffer a traumatic brain injury annually. Of these, 230,000 people are hospitalized, 50,000 people die, and 80,000 to 90,000 people experience the onset of long-term disability, on average.
In 2021, 69,000 people died of traumatic brain injuries, equating to approximately 190 deaths related to TBI per day.
In all, approximately 5.3 million people are currently living with a permanent TBI-related disability in the United States.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Las Vegas
Brain injuries are often caused by trauma that victims suffer in accidents, such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating and aircraft accidents
- Defective product incidents
- Casino accidents
- Falls from heights
- Building collapse accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slips and falls
- Medical malpractice accidents
- Criminal attacks
At De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have suffered brain injuries and other types of injuries in the types of accidents described above.
Types of Brain Injuries
There are various types of brain injuries, including the following:
- Closed head injuries – A closed head injury occurs when there is no break in the skull. This type of injury is often caused by violent movement inside the skull.
- Penetrating injuries – With this type of injury, there is a break in the skull, such as from an external force such as broken glass or a gunshot.
- Focal brain injury – A focal brain injury is confined to one area of the brain.
- Diffuse brain injury – A diffuse brain injury is an injury to more than one area of the brain.
Specific examples of brain injuries include the following:
- Diffuse axonal injury
- Anoxic brain injury
- Hypoxic brain injury
- Skull fracture
It is vital to receive a prompt diagnosis to ensure you receive the treatment you need and to minimize complications.
Symptoms and Consequences of Brain Injuries in Las Vegas, NV
There are various symptoms and consequences of brain injuries, which are more serious with more serious symptoms and consequences corresponding with more serious brain injuries. These take many forms, including:
Potential cognitive deficits traumatic brain injury victims may suffer include:
- Loss of consciousness
- Memory problems
- Problems paying attention or solving problems
- Difficulty understanding multi-step instructions
TBI victims may also have problems with judgment.
Potential motor deficits traumatic brain injury victims may suffer include:
- Tightening and shortening of muscles
- Balance and coordination problems
Victims may also struggle with planning movements.
Physical symptoms brain injury victims sometimes exhibit include:
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Loss of bowel and bladder function
- Nausea and vomiting
Draining fluid in the ears or nose also occurs with moderate and severe TBI.
TBI victims may experience various problems with their senses, such as:
- Ringing in the ears
- Sensitivity to light
- Strange tastes
- Sensitivity to smells
- Changes in the sense of touch
- Blurry vision, double vision, or a limited range of vision
TBI victims can also have perceptual deficits.
TBI victims may have problems performing activities of daily living, driving, or operating heavy machinery.
TBIs can cause various communication problems, such as:
- Slurred speech
- Slowed speech
- Not understanding speech
- Difficulty speaking
- Difficulty selecting words or forming sensible sentences
- Problems reading or writing
- Problems working with numbers
TBI victims may also struggle with identifying objects and their functions.
TBIs can also affect a person psychologically, potentially causing:
- Personality changes
- Inappropriate sexual behavior
- Inconsolable crying
TBIs can also cause decreased motivation.
TBIs can also cause problems with social and work relationships.
Compensation Available in Las Vegas Brain Injury Claims
If you suffered a traumatic brain injury, you will likely incur significant medical costs to treat your injury. You can pursue compensation for expenses such as:
- Emergency treatment
- Surgery costs
- Specialist visits
- Speech, physical, and occupational therapy
- Nursing care
- Medical devices
You can pursue compensation for present, as well as future, medical expenses.
Additionally, you can pursue compensation for other economic and non-economic losses you experienced, including:
- Lost income
- Reduced long-term earning potential
- Lost benefits
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
An experienced personal injury lawyer can determine the damages you may be entitled to and fight for maximum compensation.
What Is My Las Vegas Brain Injury Claim Worth?
There is no average brain injury claim because each case is different. The potential value of your case will depend on the type of brain injury you suffered, its severity, and its impact on your life. Generally, the more severe your injury, the greater the impact it has on your life and the higher the potential payout.
It is critical to speak with a personal injury lawyer who is experienced in handling brain injury cases. Contact our seasoned brain injury attorneys today.
How Long Do I Have To File a Brain Injury Claim?
Under Nevada’s statute of limitations, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. There are certain exceptions to this time limit, such as if the victim is a minor or it causes incapacitation.
Contact an experienced brain injury lawyer to learn the time limit that applies to your case and not to miss your chance at recovering compensation.
Contact Our Experienced Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorneys for a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that caused a brain injury, we invite you to speak with one of the experienced Las Vegas brain injury attorneys at De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers. We can review your legal options, discuss your rights, and explain how we can help.
Because we work on a contingency-fee basis, you pay us nothing upfront for our services. In fact, you only pay for our services if we are successful in recovering compensation in your case.