Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one involved in a motorcycle wreck in Las Vegas, NV? If someone else was responsible, you deserve to be compensated. An experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer at De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Our award-winning attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Our injured clients have trusted us, and it has paid off–we’ve recovered hundreds of millions of dollars to help accident victims get back on their feet.
How Can De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers Help Me Recover Fair Compensation After a Motorcycle Wreck in Las Vegas?
With any luck, you’re already on the road to recovery after your motorcycle crash. Or maybe you’re struggling to adjust to permanent injuries–or even grieving the loss of a loved one.
In any case, you’ve suffered a trauma. If someone else was responsible, you deserve to be compensated. With an experienced Las Vegas personal injury lawyer on your team, your chances of seeing fair compensation are significantly higher.
Our lawyers have earned an AV-Preeminent rating and the Platinum Client Champion Award from Martindale Hubbell. We’ve also earned Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award and been recognized as “Rising Stars” by Super Lawyers.
When you hire De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers, our lawyers will:
- Determine who caused your accident and who is legally responsible for your damages
- Gather strong evidence to support your claim
- Prepare all insurance documents on your behalf
- Defend against any allegations that you caused the wreck
- Hire experts in various specialties to strengthen your case
- Handle settlement negotiations with the insurance adjusters and defense lawyers
- Reject any lowball settlements and fight for you in court if necessary
You’ll only get one chance to stand up and fight for the fair financial compensation you deserve. Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys are ready to handle the legal issues while you focus on your health and well-being. Just call for your free consultation today.
Are Motorcycle Accidents Common in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Riding a motorcycle always has the potential to be dangerous. That’s no different whether you’re cruising down the Las Vegas strip or enjoying Nevada’s open roads.
Motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to be killed in a car accident when compared to occupants in passenger vehicles. In Nevada, motorcyclists account for about 19.2% of all traffic fatalities. About 76% of those accidents occur in urban areas like Las Vegas.
Between 2014 and 2018, 305 people died in motorcycle accidents across the state of Nevada. Another 112 motorcyclists were killed in 2019 and 2020. Clark County reported the highest number of motorcycle fatalities during that time frame.
What is My Las Vegas Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
All personal injury cases are unique. Sadly, motorcyclists often suffer the most severe injuries in a crash. Those types of cases tend to result in higher settlements and verdicts.
Some factors that are important to consider include:
- The severity of your injuries and your prognosis for recovering fully
- The amount of time you miss from work due to the injuries
- The value of your lost wages
- The extent of your physical pain and emotional trauma
- Future impacts, including the effect on your earnings, lifestyle, and quality of life
- Available insurance and insurance coverage limits
- Whether liability can be clearly established
Insurance companies engage in all sorts of tactics when it comes to negotiating settlements. They’ll search for any loopholes that can allow them to pay less than you really deserve.
Our lawyers in Las Vegas have a proven track record of successfully negotiating settlements for our injured clients. We have an in-depth understanding of the personal injury and insurance laws in Nevada.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas?
Nevada personal injury laws provide for three categories of damages: economic damages, non-economic damages, and punitive damages. Most crash victims can recover compensation for economic and non-economic damages.
Some common examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are typically losses that impact your quality of life. While they don’t have a clear financial value, these losses can change your life forever.
Some examples of non-economic damages that may be available include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages are much more rare. Courts only have the authority to award punitive damages in situations where the defendant’s acts were intentional or especially shocking, warranting punishment.
What Will Happen to My Compensation Award If I’m Blamed for a Motorcycle Accident in Nevada?
If the other side can prove that you were partially at fault for the accident, your compensation award can be reduced–in some cases, all the way to $0.
Nevada follows a modified comparative negligence law with a 51% bar to recovery. If you are less than 51% responsible for the accident, your compensation award is reduced according to your share of fault. Once your level of fault reaches 51% or more, however, you lose your right to any compensation at all.
Our Lawyers in Las Vegas Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
People who ride motorcycles are much more likely to suffer serious and life-changing injuries when compared with people in enclosed vehicles. Wearing a helmet can reduce the likelihood that you’ll suffer serious brain damage. However, it has virtually no impact on the other types of injuries you may suffer in a motorcycle wreck.
At De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers, our lawyers in Las Vegas often represent injured clients who have suffered:
- Broken bones
- Road rash and degloving injuries
- Neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Motorcycle accident injuries have the potential to change a life. If your family is struggling in the aftermath of a motorcycle wreck, contact our law firm for a free case evaluation. If you’re still recovering in the hospital, we’re available to come to you.
What Causes Most Motorcycle Accidents in Las Vegas, Nevada?
Motorcycle riders are required to obtain a motorcycle license and wear a helmet in Nevada. Still, even when motorcyclists exercise due caution, accidents happen. After all, motorcycle drivers can’t control the acts of others on the road.
In Nevada, some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Texting while driving
- Other types of distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to leave sufficient space when passing a motorcycle
- Weaving between lanes
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Road hazards
- Negligent vehicle maintenance
- Defective or missing safety equipment
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash due to someone else’s negligence, contact our experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys today. We’ll help you determine the cause of your Nevada motorcycle accident and demand fair compensation from all responsible parties.
How Do I Prove Negligence If I Was Hurt in a Motorcycle Accident in Las Vegas?
Most personal injury claims, including motorcycle accident claims, are based on negligence. As the victim, it’s your responsibility to prove that someone else caused your injuries. That’s true even when liability seems clear.
The legal requirements for proving negligence include:
- Someone owed you a duty of care
- They breached their duty of care
- That breach of duty was the direct and proximate cause of your accident
- You suffered some type of damages in the accident
The evidence we find to support your claim will play a large role in determining whether you receive full compensation for your losses.
Types of evidence that may prove negligence include:
- Police reports and citations
- Medical records
- Hard data from the crash scene
- Video surveillance footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Results of drug or alcohol testing
- Cell phone records
In particularly complicated cases, our lawyers will bring in experts in accident reconstruction to testify about the likely cause of your accident.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in Nevada?
Under Nevada law, the statute of limitations gives most personal injury victims only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The two-year clock starts to run on the date of your accident. After two years, you will no longer be eligible to seek compensation from the at-fault parties.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas for a Free Consultation
Do you have questions about your legal options after a motorcycle crash in Las Vegas? Contact De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers for a free case review today. An experienced Las Vegas motorcycle accident lawyer is standing by to offer the legal support you deserve.
Emergency Rooms in Las Vegas
- Emergency Room – Dignity Health – St. Rose Dominican, West Flamingo -9880 W Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89147, United States
- ER at the Lakes – 3325 S Fort Apache Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117, United States
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center – 657 N Town Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89144, United States
- Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center – 9300 W Sunset Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89148, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office in Las Vegas, NV
Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer Review
Read more of our client reviews here.