Losing a family member in a fatal car accident is a life-altering tragedy that shakes the foundation of your world. During such a heart-wrenching time, a lawsuit is probably the last thing on your mind. However, when someone else’s wrongdoing caused the loss, it’s important to seek justice and hold the responsible parties accountable.
At De Castroverde Personal Injury & Accident, we understand the immense emotional toll this takes on you and your family. Our Las Vegas fatal car accident attorneys offer comprehensive, caring legal support during this difficult chapter of your life. With a proven track record in handling intricate personal injury cases, our Nevada fatal car accident lawyers advocate for your rights with unwavering commitment. We aim to secure fair compensation to relieve some of the burdens you face as you grieve. Call (702) 919-6158 or complete our contact form for a free case evaluation.
Why You Need a Fatal Car Accident Attorney
Hiring a fatal car accident attorney significantly improves your chances of obtaining the justice and financial compensation you and your family deserve. With their legal acumen and dedicated support, you can focus on remembering your loved one while they handle the legal complexities. Some of the reasons to hire a personal injury lawyer after a fatal car crash include:
- Legal Experience: The legal system is complex and often confusing, especially for those who don’t have a background in the law. A fatal car accident attorney knows the ins and outs of personal injury law and can help you understand your rights and legal options.
- Investigative Resources: Properly investigating the circumstances of a fatal car accident requires knowledge and resources only lawyers possess. A skilled attorney will have access to experts like accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and law enforcement to strengthen your case.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies are often more interested in protecting their bottom line than offering fair compensation. Our attorneys can negotiate effectively on your behalf, ensuring you receive the financial support you need.
- Reduce Emotional Stress: The grieving process is emotionally taxing. Having a legal representative handle the often stressful and time-consuming legal aspects can give you the emotional space to focus on your family and the healing process.
- Maximizing Compensation: An attorney can accurately evaluate the financial damages associated with your case. This includes immediate expenses like medical bills and funeral costs, future financial needs, and intangible losses, such as pain and suffering.
- Legal Procedures and Timelines: There are strict timelines and procedures for filing a wrongful death claim. For example, Nevada law says you must file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the deceased’s death. A fatal car accident attorney can help ensure all legal documents are filed correctly and on time.
- Court Representation: If your case goes to trial, you’ll need a seasoned attorney to represent your interests. They can present your case in the most effective manner possible, aiming to secure a favorable verdict.
- Accountability and Justice: Perhaps most importantly, an attorney will tirelessly hold the negligent parties accountable. While no amount of money can replace your loved one, bringing those responsible to justice can offer some closure.
Compensation from a Nevada Fatal Car Accident Claim
In Nevada, a wrongful death claim allows surviving family members to seek compensation for various losses incurred because of the tragedy. Here are some of the types of damages that can be awarded:
- Medical Expenses: If your family member incurred medical bills before passing, you could pursue compensation for them.
- Funeral and Burial Costs: You can include the immediate expenses of laying your loved one to rest, including funeral services and burial or cremation, as part of a wrongful death claim.
- Loss of Income and Benefits: If the deceased contributed to the household income, you can seek compensation for the loss of their earnings and benefits like health insurance and retirement contributions.
- Loss of Companionship: Losing a loved one means more than financial hardship; it means losing emotional support, companionship, and care. Compensation for these losses aims to account for that emotional loss.
- Pain and Suffering: While no money can truly make up for the emotional pain of losing a loved one, compensation for mental anguish and emotional distress can offer some relief.
- Property Damage: If the fatal accident resulted in damage to your property or personal belongings, such as a vehicle, you could receive compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Punitive Damages: Unlike other forms of compensation that cover losses you have already sustained, punitive damages are intended to punish the responsible party for particularly reckless or negligent behavior. It’s important to note that punitive damages are only available if a wrongful death lawsuit goes to trial.
How Much Does a Las Vegas Fatal Car Accident Attorney Cost?
Money should never stand in the way of justice, especially after a fatal car accident. At De Castroverde Personal Injury & Accident, we understand that the last thing you need right now is another financial worry. That’s why you don’t have to pay any upfront fees or out-of-pocket expenses when you hire us. We only get paid if we win your case and secure your compensation. Our payment comes as a percentage of the money you receive, either through a settlement or a court verdict. This ensures we’re fully invested in your case, as our success is directly tied to yours.
Contact a Las Vegas Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Now
As devastating as a fatal car accident can be, remember that you don’t have to face your legal challenges alone. De Castroverde Personal Injury & Accident is committed to providing you with compassionate legal support and the unwavering dedication you deserve. By working with us, you’re taking an important step toward seeking justice for your lost loved one and obtaining compensation to ease some of your burdens. Call (702) 919-6158 or reach out online for a free case review.