A Las Vegas swimming pool accident attorney knows that accidents on another person or company’s property, including public, private, and governmental property, can have serious consequences for the injured victim. Such accidents can include slip and fall, elevator injuries, security negligence, and swimming pool accidents, among many other types of injuries.
If you suspect that another person is at fault for the injuries you have suffered in a swimming pool accident or near-drowning accident, it is very important to speak with a Las Vegas swimming pool accident attorney as soon as possible. These types of accidents are often devastating and can lead to traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, or even loss of life.
Our Las Vegas swimming pool accident attorneys at De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers are ready to assist you and discuss the unique circumstances of your swimming pool accident or injury case. Our team of personal injury lawyers can review your case and help you devise the proper strategy for your case.
How Common Are Drowning and Swimming Pool Accidents?
Every year, drowning accidents throughout the United States affect many children and adults. According to research by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were 3,960 wrongful deaths due to non-boat-related unintentional drownings in the country, which averages approximately 11 deaths per day.
Children between the ages of one and four are in the age group with the highest drowning rates. Additionally, one in five people who suffer fatal injuries due to a swimming pool or other drowning accident is age 14 or younger.
In the state of Nevada, there are, on average, 1.25 drowning deaths per 100,000 people according to the CDC. The Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) reports that 39% of all reported drowning incidents between 2019 and 2021 occurred in public pools, while 61% were in residential pools.
Drowning and Swimming Pool Injuries
Nonfatal drowning injuries can lead to serious brain damage that may ultimately lead to:
- Learning disabilities
- Memory problems
- Focus issues
- Loss of gross and fine motor skills
- Permanent loss of basic functioning of the brain, heart, or other organs
While some people can make a full recovery after a near-fatal drowning, many have long-lasting physical, intellectual, and emotional damage. It can be hard to determine how a drowning injury will affect you or your loved one, as symptoms and issues can develop or worsen over time.
A Las Vegas personal injury lawyer with experience pursuing drowning accident cases can better help you determine what a just settlement looks like for your or your loved one’s prognosis for recovery. Our Las Vegas swimming pool injury attorneys will help you to seek compensation that meets your needs.
Types of Swimming Pool Accidents in Las Vegas
Some of the most common swimming pool accidents we can help you seek compensation for include:
- Slip and fall incidents near the pool
- Drowning and near-drowning
- Uneven or cracked surfaces in or around the pool
- Electrical issues
- Water cleanliness issues, illness due to contaminated water
- Lack of security or supervision, such as no lifeguard, inattentive lifeguard, too few warning signs, no cameras, unlocked doors or gates, etc.
- Broken or defective pool features, such as diving boards, railings, stairs, slides, ladders, drain covers, etc.
- Unmaintained pool features, including drainage and cleaning systems, pool structure, etc.
Was your child injured at a swimming pool at a Las Vegas hotel due to the lack of security at the pool? When a guest at a hotel wishes to access a pool, they will likely be required to show proof that they are staying with the hotel. If a person is allowed into the pool area without first providing this information, an accident can take place which could have been prevented if not for the actions of the negligent security guard.
No matter what the circumstances of your swimming pool accident may be, whether you slipped and fell on a wet surface or you experienced criminal negligence, a member of the De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers is ready to evaluate your case and determine the best possible solution.
Determining Fault in a Pool Accident Case
Based on the common types of negligence in pool accident cases, there are many potential parties we may be able to hold accountable for your or your loved one’s pool injury, such as:
- A homeowner
- A property owner of an apartment complex or housing community with a shared pool
- A lifeguard and their employer
- The government agency that manages a public pool
- The hotel or resort where the pool is located
- Pool manufacturer that produced defective railings, diving boards, slides, drain coverings, water systems, and other elements that led to the injury
To hold any of these parties accountable, we will investigate the cause of your or your loved one’s pool accident. We must prove the following elements of negligence for your case:
- The party owed you a duty of care
- The party breached that duty of care by acting or not acting as a reasonably expected
- The negligent action or lack of action caused the accident
- The accident caused your injuries and subsequent damages
Get Compensation for the Pool Accident That Affected Your Family
You have two years from the date of your pool accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party or parties whose negligence caused the accident and your injuries per NRS § 11.190(4)(e). If you lost a loved one in a swimming pool accident, you have two years from the date of their death to file a lawsuit against negligent parties.
It is so important to reach out to a swimming pool accident lawyer in Las Vegas as soon as possible. At De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers, we can help you seek compensation by:
- Investigating the true cause of your accident
- Determining at-fault parties
- Filing legal claims against negligent parties
- Handling all claims and communications with insurance companies and opposing legal teams
- Calculating your damages, such as lost income, medical costs, and pain and suffering
- Negotiating a settlement
- Filing a lawsuit against the negligent parties and representing you in court
Contact De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers Today
When you have been injured at a Las Vegas hotel or casino, you can trust our firm to handle your personal injury or premises liability case. We know how important this settlement will be to you and your family. As a family of attorneys, we will treat your situation with respect and the personalization that it deserves.
By enlisting our team, we can review your case, find the true cause of the accident, and help you devise the proper strategy for your case. Call our legal team today to further discuss the unique circumstances of your swimming pool accident or injury case. Our team of Las Vegas personal injury lawyers is ready to assist you.