People from around the world know that Las Vegas is famous for its casinos. Whether you’re gambling on the Strip or in a surrounding area, you expect a certain level of safety from the casino you’re visiting. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. When a casino fails to provide a safe environment, that presents an unnecessary risk to patrons, leading to injuries that may prove to be serious or even life-threatening.
Don’t let your night of fun turn into a nightmare because the casino operator neglected their patrons’ safety. If you or a loved one was injured at a casino in Las Vegas, you may have the legal right to sue for financial damages. A Las Vegas casino injury lawyer at De Castroverde Accident & Injury Lawyers can help. Our firm represents victims of accidents and injuries at hotels and casinos throughout the city, offering personalized attention and knowledgeable legal counsel when you need it most.
Common Types of Accidents in Casinos
From entertainment and nightlife to gambling, there are a lot of things for you to do and see at a Las Vegas casino. But even though you are there to have fun and take advantage of everything the casino has to offer, there are plenty of things that could go wrong. Here are some common factors that can lead to casino accidents and cause serious and life-threatening injuries:
- Alcohol: Incidents of over-serving alcohol are common. It’s no secret that guests at casinos enjoy alcohol consumption, and it’s the casino’s responsibility to make sure that guests aren’t over-served. Intoxicated patrons can be a danger to themselves and other patrons.
- Exposed construction: The casinos are constantly being renovated and upgraded, and if an area is exposed to guests, they may be hit by falling debris or tools. It is the casino staff’s responsibility to make sure that the site is safe and adequately marked.
- Pools: Many of the hotels and casinos in Las Vegas have swimming pools and spa areas that can lead to dangerous conditions if no precautions are taken on the premises. For example, if a casino lacks security around its pool area, that increases the chances for nonfatal drownings, which can result in permanent brain damage.
- Slipping and falling: It is fairly common for casino patrons to suffer injuries from slipping and falling on the premises. Spilled drinks, torn carpet, uneven flooring, or even just taking the stairs could all cause you to slip and fall.
- Security issues: You may also suffer an injury due to negligent or inadequate security staff or measures. For example, with money involved, stress heightens, which may lead to patrons physically harming each other. The staff is at fault if it fails to protect you from potential danger from others when they see it. Also, security staff at the casino can physically harm you by using excessive force.
If you have been injured in a Las Vegas casino, you may be able to file a claim for damages. And you will need an attorney to help you.
The Injury Claims Process
To obtain compensation for an injury sustained in a casino, you must file a claim against the establishment. One of the attorneys at De Castroverde Law Group can help you discover whether you have a claim or not.
If you do have a sufficient claim, one of our attorneys will guide you through the steps in the claims process. As part of the process, we can help you determine if you are eligible for certain types of compensation based on your injuries. We will also help you to determine the best approach to get the proper reimbursement for your specific case.
Types of Injury Compensation
The types of injury compensation available to you vary depending on your case but may include the following:
- Sufficient payment of medical bills, including your emergency expenses.
- Reimbursement for any physical and psychological therapy that you may need after your accident.
- Lost income due to unpaid time off or even the loss of a job.
- Long-term disability.
- Emotional pain and suffering.
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement.
- A loss of enjoyment in the way of life you experienced before the accident.
If a casino accident has left you with injuries, you don’t have to let this have a negative impact on your future. You deserve the chance at a full recovery without taking on the burden of these medical bills alone.
How De Castroverde Law Group Can Help You
After being injured in a Las Vegas casino, you may be overwhelmed. Many of the casinos in the city are well-funded, which means going up against them by yourself can be difficult. An attorney can help make the claims process smoother and more likely to succeed.
As Las Vegas attorneys, the De Castroverde team is well-versed in casino laws and personal injury claims. We proudly represent victims of all types of accidents at casinos throughout the area. Whether you suffered injuries due to slip and fall accidents, negligent security measures, the use of excessive force by security personnel,and injuries at casino nightclubs, we will fight to provide you with the representation you deserve. Our law firm understands Nevada law’s intricacies and the liability casinos have for these types of accidents.
This is a family business and as such, we offer a personalized family-style approach to each of our cases. You may receive compensation for medical bills, including long-term care, as well as earnings lost from your place of employment, emotional damage, and more. We work towards a solution that allows you to rebuild your future and get back on the path to wellness and security. You deserve to maintain the quality of life you had before, and we will do our best to get you the proper compensation.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a casino accident, please don’t hesitate to reach out to De Castroverde Law Group today. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and talk to you about the options you have moving forward. We’re available 24/7; you can reach us by sending us a secure online message to our Personal Injury Lawyers or by phone at 702-803-3796. We have the knowledge and experience needed to get you the best result. We will work tirelessly and dedicate our time and attention to fighting for your case to get the representation you deserve.