Casinos have become ubiquitous in Nevada. Although casinos can provide hours of entertainment in slot machines, table games, entertainment venues, and buffet tables, hidden dangers may lurk beneath the flashing lights inviting you to come and play. Unfortunately, casino accidents and injuries occur often and may do more than ruin your day. Casino accidents can cause significant injuries leading to life-long pain and medical complications.
At De Castroverde Personal Injury & Accident, our Las Vegas personal injury lawyers know what it takes to hold careless casinos accountable for their actions. It is no secret that casinos are in the business of making money and minimizing their expenses. If you suffer injuries on casino property, can you be sure you’ll get the money you need to recover from your financial losses?
If you’ve been injured on casino property, it’s time to discuss your situation with an aggressive Las Vegas personal injury attorney at De Castroverde Personal Injury & Accident. We want to help you seek the compensation you deserve, no matter how complex the situation. Contact our Las Vegas office today to arrange a confidential legal consultation.
Are Casino Injuries Negligence?
Often, yes. Accidents are all too common in Las Vegas hotels and casinos. A wide range of hazards can cause harm to guests and visitors, especially when casinos are careless about safety, maintenance, and security. Although slip and fall accidents are one of the most common causes of casino injuries, other accidents and injuries can also leave guests with lighter pockets because of medical bills and lost wages. Some of the more common negligence-based causes of Las Vegas casino injuries include:
- Elevator accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Torn carpeting or loose rugs
- Uneven stairs
- Stairs without handrails
- Unmarked construction zones
- Inadequate or poor lighting
- Debris in walkways
- Slippery floors
- Broken furniture
- Poorly maintained pools or spas
- Poorly maintained restaurants or buffets
- Poorly trained staff and security
- Transportation or shuttle accidents
- Potholes in parking lots
- Failure to remove ice from sidewalks or walkways
- Physical violence or assaults
Suffering an injury in a casino drops you into the stark reality of coping with a significant injury. Casinos are held to extremely high standards and must maintain a reasonably safe environment for their guests. If they fail to uphold this duty, they could be found negligent and liable for the resulting injuries and losses.
Common Types of Casino Injury Cases Lawyers Consult On
A casino accident could leave you with a few cuts and bruises or cause you to suffer from irreversible traumatic brain damage. Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common casino accident cases we take on. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury in the U.S. There’s a wide variety of injuries that an individual may suffer due to poor maintenance or inadequate security measures on the part of a careless casino. Some of the most common types of casino injury cases in Las Vegas occur because of these injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Drowning or near-drownings
- Food poisoning
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries
- Amputations, especially fingers and toes
Some injuries may require only minor medical intervention and time to heal. However, other injuries can lead to scarring, disfigurement, and a lifetime of physical and mental health complications.
Compensation for a Casino Accident
Casinos are responsible for maintaining a reasonably safe environment for their guests. That means addressing maintenance issues promptly, cleaning up spills and apparent hazards, and providing proper safety and security measures. Failing to maintain a hotel or casino properly can have dire consequences. Although staff may be apologetic and attempt to make up for an accident by offering “comps” and freebies, you deserve more than lip service.
Discuss your situation with a licensed Nevada personal injury attorney before accepting anything from a Las Vegas hotel or casino. Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to pursue meaningful compensation for your financial losses.
Although the value of your claim varies based on the unique circumstances of your situation, often injured victims can pursue money for the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
Again, casinos are in the business of making and keeping money. If you want to pursue what you rightfully deserve, talk to an attorney before you accept anything from the casino.
What to Do After a Casino Accident
The moments following a casino accident can feel stressful and embarrassing. However, it is vital to realize the actions you take after an accident can factor into your pursuit for compensation down the line. What should you do after a Las Vegas casino or hotel accident? Consider the following:
- Report the accident – Immediately report the accident to the casino manager. You should fill out a report providing information about the specifics of the incident. Ask for a copy of this report for your records.
- Document the scene – If possible, thoroughly document the accident by taking photographs or videos of the area where the accident occurred and of your injuries. Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Seek medical assistance right away – Do not wait. Seek medical assistance immediately for your injuries. Medical documentation may also be vital to building a strong compensation claim.
- Contact an attorney – Discuss your situation with an experienced Las Vegas personal injury attorney. An attorney can advise you of your legal rights and help you handle the claim process. An attorney can also preserve vital evidence, like surveillance videos before they are lost or destroyed.
- Avoid social media – Never post information or photographs about the incident on social media. Avoid social media platforms altogether until your attorney resolves your claim.
Contact an Experienced Las Vegas Casino Accident Attorney Now
Las Vegas casinos offer an escape from reality. However, this fantasy can come crashing down when a property fails to maintain a safe environment for its guests and patrons. Have you suffered an injury at a Las Vegas casino? Then it is time to talk to a knowledgeable Las Vegas personal injury attorney with De Castroverde Personal Injury & Accident about pursuing compensation for your financial losses.
Contact our Las Vegas office today to arrange a confidential case evaluation.