You’re feeling back pain after they sped right through that red light and slammed into your car. You’ve slipped and fallen on a wet floor that hasn’t been properly attended. Your child’s defective toy nearly cost them their life. You’re regretting the fact that you ever got in that cab.
Being hurt or gravely injured is disorienting and life-jarring enough. If you are facing one of these scenarios, ensure you have a trusted advocate and counselor handling the legal aspect of your recovery. A personal injury lawyer is ready to guide you through the process of getting justice. Personal injury cases can be complex — whether it’s a car accident, negligent casino, or medical malpractice case, you should choose your advocate in the courtroom with care. In addition to whatever pain and agony you are in, you’re also facing a potentially life-changing scenario with growing medical expenses, inability to work, and difficulty caring for your family.
Accident and injury law in Nevada is meant to make the injured person whole, to put you back in the position you would have been in if the accident did not occur. Essentially, you’re deserving of financial compensation to help you become “whole” again, paying off your medical bills, defraying lost wages without steady work and supporting your family as you had once done.
What Is Negligence?
Personal injury cases hinge on whether or not the person at fault is deemed “negligent.” What does that mean? It is defined as the following:
- The defendant had a duty to the injured person.
- The defendant’s act or failure to act was not reasonable and caused the injured person’s injuries.
- The injured person suffered some form of injury as to be entitled to damages.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
Making the right decision about who represents you in a personal injury case will have a tremendous bearing on whether you’re able to receive financial compensation for your accident.
- Their track record is solid. Experience is key. Has the lawyer handled these cases before? Has the lawyer won?
- They know the law inside and out. Part of what is so daunting about personal injury cases is that they can be very complicated. They also may involve multiple Nevada laws. You want a personal injury lawyer who knows the applicable laws and knows them well. This gives you the best chance.
- They’ve handled cases similar to yours. Involved in an auto accident? Victim of excessive force at a club or casino? You’ll want to be sure the attorney you choose has handled cases like these before in Nevada. They’ll be able to give you the basics of what to expect.
- They have connections. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, insurance companies will be play a part as well. A reliable attorney will be able to deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- They’re open and willing to discuss fees and costs. A solid personal injury attorney will be able to estimate what kind of financial compensation you might expect, based on the type of case.
Are you looking for a personal injury lawyer who meets all of this criteria? Look no further than De Castroverde Law Group in Las Vegas, NV. Our family-run firm is based out of Southern Nevada and we are here to guide you through the sometimes confusing process of being compensated for your injuries. Services are available in English as well as Spanish. Contact us today.