Driving under the influence (DUI) is one of the most common offenses committed throughout Las Vegas and the state of Nevada, as many people visit Sin City to enjoy the nightlife. Anyone found to be operating a motor vehicle with an unlawful blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or higher—.02% for minors under 21 years old and no minimum BAC for commercial drivers—will be subject to serious legal penalties. DUI charges are also applicable to any driver found to be under the influence of drugs and/or a controlled substance. Therefore, having a skilled Las Vegas DUI lawyer is vital when you were arrested for a DUI.
Factors That Affect Vegas DUI Charges
Fighting a drunk driving charge can be difficult, but there are ways to beat a DUI charge. Although you were arrested for DUI (driving under the influence) and may have failed a breath or blood test or were told that you failed field sobriety tests, this does not mean that you will or should be convicted. There are various factors that affect a DUI case, some including:
- Your blood alcohol level.
- Whether you were speeding or driving recklessly at the time of your arrest.
- Whether you caused an accident before your arrest.
- Whether anyone was injured or killed in the accident.
- Whether you resisted arrest.
- Whether you left the scene of the accident
- If you were driving a commercial vehicle.
- If you had children in the vehicle.
- If you were driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- Your age (whether you are over or under 21).
- Your criminal record.
- Your driving record and history of DUI
The Consequences of DUI in Nevada
The first three DUI offenses in Nevada come with heavy fines, driver’s license suspension, and possible jail time:
- A first DUI offense may result in up to six months in jail, up to $1,000 in fines, a 90-day license suspension, and the possible installation of an Ignition Interlock Device in your vehicle.
- A second DUI offense may result in up to six months in jail, up to $1,000 in fines, a one-year license suspension, and the possible installation of an Ignition Interlock Device in your vehicle.
- A third DUI offense may result in up to six years in jail, $5,000 in fines, a three-year license suspension, and the required installation of an Ignition Interlock Device in your vehicle.
Benefits of Hiring a Las Vegas DUI Attorney
Once you are pulled over for suspected drunk driving, you will be in danger of facing criminal charges and driver’s license suspension for driving under the influence. You will need to determine whether to hire a DUI attorney as soon as possible. The best way to determine whether you are in need of legal counsel at this point in time is to contact a local Las Vegas criminal defense lawyer to discuss the matter.
You can get more information about your particular charges and can get started in getting the help you need to make the most advantageous choices about your legal matter and whether you need a lawyer at all. An experienced Las Vegas DUI attorney will be well versed in the impaired driving laws and can handle any of the following that follow DUI charges:
- CDL DUI
- DMV Hearings
- DUI & Auto Insurance
- Out of State DUI
- Revocation of License
- Unlawful Police Stops
- Vehicle Impoundment
In our experience, we have found that most of the time if a client thinks that they might need an attorney that they usually do. When you are dealing with issues such as your freedom, reputation and criminal record, it is best to do whatever you can to avoid a conviction.
Let De Castroverde Law Group fight for you!
Once you decide to hire a DUI attorney, it is important to make the right choice. This can be difficult. It is a personal matter, and considering the large number of law firms that handle DUI cases in the Las Vegas area, it may be hard to choose which firm you feel comfortable trusting your case to. That is why we recommend visiting the offices of any potential attorneys or firms you are interested in working with.
Undergoing an initial consultation is a good way to determine how you feel about a specific firm or attorney, and from there you can get the information that you need regarding the attorney’s qualifications, case results, education and background to see if you feel that they can professionally handle your case.
Call our offices or contact us online at your earliest convenience to find out more about the services we at De Castroverde Law Group provide to our clients. We will be happy to discuss your legal options with you and are committed to providing straightforward, honest answers to your questions. Don’t accept the serious charges without a fight; enlist De Castroverde Law Group to challenge the accusations and protect your rights! Call us at 702-222-9999.